Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Diving In

The iPads are finally here and we dove right in and are working out all the logistics together. The tech crew spent hours (no seriously, hours!) on the phone with Apple. They finally got me set up to I can purchase my own apps through the Apple's Education Store. You must buy a volume lease for each app on each iPad, but all the apps I have bought so far had a considerable discount and didn't break the bank too bad. I ended up buying 20 licenses because it was the same price as 10. One can only hope that the future is bringing more iPads my way! I wrote $200 into my grant for apps. My tech guru set me up with two $100 dollar vouchers. This is the smallest increment when buying the vouchers from Apple so take note when writing a grant! I do have to say just one my shout out to the tech crew, Omar, Drew, and Scott! They spent so much time putting the cases on, figuring out Apple's system for education, and then personally delivery them to my art room and syncing them up! The iPads automatically sync when I download an app to my iTunes account on my classroom computer, so I don't have to individually manage all ten! We named the iPads color names, red, yellow, green, etc to coordinate with how my tables are labeled. The green table then always uses the green iPad. Hopefully this will help me keep track of projects and possible problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment